Military Health System (MHS) Nurse Advice Line
|United States, Guam, and Puerto Rico||Visit MHSNurseAdviceLine.com for web chat and video chat, or dial 1-800-TRICARE (874-2273), option 1.|
|Overseas military hospitals and clinics||Contact your local facility or visit MHSNurseAdviceLine.com for web chat, video chat, or to find country-specific numbers.|
If you need immediate medical attention, call 911 or your international emergency number – or, go to an emergency roomThe hospital department that provides emergency services to patients who need immediate medical attention..
You can use the MHS Nurse Advice Line unless you are enrolled in the US Family Health Plan.
After you reach a nurse, view a secure summary of your health care advice at MHSNurseAdviceLine.com.
What is the MHS Nurse Advice Line?
The MHS Nurse Advice Line is available 24/7 by phone, web chat, and video chat.
Contact the MHS Nurse Advice Line 24/7 to:
- Get evidence-based health care advice from a registered nurse
- Find an urgent care or emergency care facility
- Receive recommendations for the most appropriate level of care
- Schedule same or next day appointments when recommended by a registered nurse and enrolled to a military hospital or clinic
- Get an online "absence excuse" or "sick slip" when medically appropriate--subject to service command requirements
Do you have a sick child?
- You can talk to a registered nurse.
- We can call you back after a few hours to check on your child.
- If you need an appointment for urgent care within 24 hours, we can help.
Do you need health care advice while traveling?
Contact the MHS Nurse Advice Line for care advice at any hour or day of the week. We can assist you in finding local care services as necessary.
If you’re traveling overseas, you may contact the MHS Nurse Advice Line for health care advice. If you need care outside the military health system, the MHS Nurse Advice Line will coordinate with the TRICARE Overseas Managed Care Support Contractor. You can call us for help. If you need to see a doctor, remember:
Do you have other health insuranceHealth insurance you have in addition to TRICARE, such as Medicare or an employer-sponsored health insurance. TRICARE supplements don’t qualify as "other health insurance."?
You can call us for help. If you need to see a doctor, remember:
Last Updated 2/1/2022