Health Insurance Marketplace
The Health Insurance Marketplace lets you find health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs. With one application, you can see all your options and enroll.
- Search online
- Call 1-800-318-2596
Most TRICARE health plan options already meet the requirements for minimum essential coverageClick to closeBasic health care coverage that meets the Affordable Care Act requirement.. If you qualify for the following plans, you must purchase them to have minimum essential coverage:
- TRICARE Reserve Select
- TRICARE Retired Reserve
- TRICARE Young Adult
- Check that you’re getting the most affordable coverage for you and your family that best meets your needs
- Compare TRICARE’s purchased plan options with your employer’s health insurance or other civilian options offered through the Health Insurance Marketplace
Qualifying for Premium Assistance
- In some cases, it may be cheaper to purchase coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- You may qualify for assistance to lower your monthly premium.
- You may do so to complement your TRICARE plan or replace it, depending on what fits your budget and meets your needs.
|Yes, You May Qualify for Assistance||No, You Don't Qualify|
If you are eligible to purchase one of the plans below and you choose not to purchase one, you may qualify for assistance to lower your monthly premium for plans purchased through the Health Insurance Marketplace:
You should compare these plans with Health Insurance Marketplace plans to see what fits your budget and meets your needs.
If you’re using the following plans, you don’t qualify for assistance to lower your premiums on plans purchased through the Health Insurance Marketplace:
At the time of publication, this information is current. It is important to remember that TRICARE policies and benefits are governed by public law and federal regulations. Changes to TRICARE programs are continually made as public law and/or federal regulations are amended. Military hospital and clinic guidelines and policies may be different than those outlined in this publication. For the most recent information, contact your TRICARE regional contractor or local military hospital or clinic.
Last Updated 1/2/2019