Changes to the TRICARE Overseas Program
Near Patient Program (NPP)
Starting Sept. 1, 2021, you may be eligible for NPP support. You will get access to in-country medical and non-medical professionals who can help you navigate the overseas health care system.
Through NPP, International SOS and TRICARE Overseas Program (TOP) providers will:
- Help you bridge cultural nuances
- Align your expectations and understanding of health care services
- Act as a key communication channel between you and providers
- Collaborate with military hospitals and clinics
- South Korea
Note: The TOP Regional Call Center will continue to support locations not listed above.
TOP Clinical Quality Network
NPP Teams will also work with TOP network providers to help you continue to get quality care.
Clinical quality leads will coordinate continuous quality improvement activities and other TOP provider relationship-building. Non-clinical country leads will manage the overall relationship with providers, which includes:
- Taking the lead on education
- Resolution of non-clinical issues
Medical Records Collection Services
With the addition of Medical Records Collection (MRC) teams, TOP providers will now submit patient medical records to International SOS. International SOS will ensure they’re provided to the Department of Defense for inclusion in your official electronic medical record. These records ensure continuity of care. They also help your provider manage the patient administration process.
MyCare Overseas Beneficiary App and Portal
MyCare Overseas™ is a new self-service tool you can use for easy access to services like:
- Checking your TRICARE Health Plan
- Verifying TRICARE covered services
- Accessing other reliable sources of information
To access the MyCare Overseas™ beneficiary app and portal, simply download the app onto your mobile device and register. This provides secure access to all relevant information and timely notifications.
>>Download the app for Android
>>Download the app for Apple
The MyCare Overseas™ beneficiary app and portal provides:
- 24/7 access to the Local Near Patient Team, the Global First Call Desk, the Beneficiary Support Center, and Technical Support
- Useful country information such as emergency numbers, medical risk ratings, and cultural tips
- An intuitive Healthcare Finder search tool that assists in finding TOP network providers
- Set appointment reminders to track and access TOP provider contact information and authorization details
- Easy access to referral status and International SOS authorizations
- Local language support via Microsoft Translate or quick access to telephonic language assistance
- The ability to check your enrolled plan and link to TRICARE covered services information
- An electronic way to submit requests to have written medical records translated and downloaded
- Access to a self-service ChatBot for immediate answers to FAQs and if needed, a direct link to chat with the Beneficiary Support Center
Beneficiary Support Center
Like the TOP Regional Call Center, the Beneficiary Support Center will be available 24/7. At the Beneficiary Support Center, you can get language assistance by phone. It's available to answer questions about:
- Claims processing
- General help
International SOS is available to assist you 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- Country-specific toll-free contact information
- Medical record translation services
- More information about the TOP contract
- If you're new to the TOP, download the TRICARE Overseas Program Handbook.
Last Updated 2/14/2022