Improving Access to Health Care
Greater Access to Care
In 2018, you will have even greater access to care. At military hospitals and clinics, this will include:
- More appointments available, especially after work or school.
- More urgent care clinics opening at facilities with high demand and volume.
- Faster specialty care appointing once you get a referral for care.
- A streamlined process for getting network referred appointment results.
In addition, we will partner with designated network urgent care clinics to provide integrated, seamless access to care.
Improved Communication Between Your Military and Civilian Providers
TRICARE brings together military hospitals and clinics with a network of civilian health care providers. Together, we offer you medical plans, dental programs, and a pharmacy benefit. To enhance your experience, we are also improving integration between military and civilian providers.
Result for You
Process Referrals Electronically
- Easier and quicker referral process
- Get your specialty care quicker
- Less paperwork
Share More Data Across MHS
- Improving your access to care
- Improving health care coordination
- More access to health records
- Real time access to data on medical management and utilization
Increasing Use of Analytics and
- Fewer gaps in care
- Improved clinical quality
- Improved patient safety
- Compares military and civilian hospitals and clinics
Enhancement of Telehealth Services
We are also enhancing the use of telehealth services at:
- Military hospitals
- Military clinics
- Civilian health care providers
The use of telehealth services, including mobile health applications is intended to:
- Improve your access to care.
- Perform health assessments.
- Provide you diagnoses, interventions, and supervision.
- Monitor your individual health outcomes.
- Improve communication between you and your doctor.
- Reduce your health care costs.
TRICARE covers telehealth services the same way as in person visits.