TRICARE Reserve Select
TRICARE Reserve Select is:
- A premium-based plan
- Available worldwide
- For qualified Selected Reserve members and their families
- Minimum essential coverage under the Affordable Care Act, when purchased
Who Can Participate?
Members of the Selected Reserve (and their families) who meet the following qualifications:
- Not on active duty orders
- Not covered under the Transitional Assistance Management Program
- Not eligible for or enrolled in the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) program or currently covered under FEHB, either under their own eligibility or through a family member.
Note: Those members in the Individual Ready Reserve including Navy Reserve Voluntary Training Units do not qualify to purchase TRICARE Reserve Select.
Certain members of the Selected Reserve who are covered by TRICARE Reserve Select and involuntarily separated under other than adverse conditions, may have access to extended TRICARE Reserve Select coverage up to 180 days. For more information, contact your service personnel department.
How it Works
Schedule an appointment with any TRICARE-authorized provider, network or non-network. >>Find a Doctor
- If you visit a non-network provider, you'll pay higher cost shares and may have to file your own health care claims.
- If you visit a network provider, you'll pay lower cost shares and the provider will file health care claims for you.
Referrals are not required for any type of care, but you may need prior authorization from your regional contractor for some types of services.
What You Pay
- Monthly premiums
- Annual deductible
- Cost share (or percentage) for covered services
>>View TRICARE Reserve Select Costs
Is TRICARE Reserve Select Right for You?
TRICARE Reserve Select is a great option for you and your family if you are:
- a member of the Selected Reserves,
- not on active duty orders or covered by the Transitional Assistance Management Program, and
- not eligible for or enrolled in the FEHB.
The plan provides comprehensive health care coverage when you're not activated and covered by active duty TRICARE benefits. And, because you can see any provider, you don't have to change providers if you already have one.
How to Enroll—Online Only
To log in, you must have one of the following:
If you don't qualify, you won't be able to complete or print the form. Contact your National Guard or Reserve personnel office for assistance. If you experience a technical problem, call 1-800-477-8227 for assistance.
>>Learn More about Purchasing TRICARE Reserve Select
Need help with the DMDC Reserve Component Purchased TRICARE Application?
For technical assistance or to report system problems with the site, please call the DMDC Support Center at 1-800-477-8227.