South Region TRICARE Customer Service: (800) 444-5445
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
TTY and IVR also available
Automated System (IVR) Guide
Back to Org Chart
The TRICARE Regional Offices (TROs) represent the new management organization for managing regional contractors and overseeing an integrated health care delivery system in the three United States-based TRICARE regions.
The TROs are designated TRICARE Regional Office-North, TRICARE Regional Office-South and TRICARE Regional Office-West.
Each TRO will be led by a Regional Director, reporting to and operating under the authority, direction, and control of the TMA Deputy Director. Within each region the Regional
Director is the health plan manager. They have visibility of both the contract and direct care assets, and coordinate with the Services to develop an integrated health plan. Specific responsibilities include:
- Management of the TRICARE contracts for all eligible MHS beneficiaries in the region. This responsibility includes:
- ensuring network quality and adequacy including provider issues
- monitoring customer satisfaction outcomes
- managing TRO customer service issues
- coordinating appointing and referral management policies
- addressing enrollment issues
- contracting and fiscal management functions
- establishing and coordinating regional marketing and education functions
- overseeing contractor credentialing
- developing TRICARE Maximum Allowable Charge (TMAC) waiver packages
- approving resource sharing agreements entered into between the contractor and the MTF under the auspices of the new contract
- ensuring contract support for MTF optimization
- approving memorandums of understanding with the contractor(s)
- serving as the award fee determination official for the Health Care Services and Administration contract
- other delegated functions
Provision of support to the military medical treatment facility (MTF) Commanders in their delivery of health care services for MTF-enrolled beneficiaries; for the management of health care services for beneficiaries not enrolled to MTFs; supporting the MTF Commanders in their efforts to optimize health care services in the MTFs; and other assistance as required to support both MTF and remote areas to meet regional strategic planning goals and the annual business plan objectives.
Development of business plans for non-MTF areas (e.g., BRAC sites), remote areas, and those areas in which a Service Surgeon General requests Regional Director support.
Integration of MTF and remote business plans into a single, regional business plan for submission to TMA prior to the start of each fiscal year, and subsequent monitoring of performance against the business plans.
Funding of regional initiatives to optimize and improve the delivery of health care, through dedicated resources and a disciplined and open business case planning/approval process. Opportunities for investment capital can be initiated by the Regional Director, a single MTF Commander or by a Senior Market Manager on behalf of the MTFs in a multiple service market.
Chair of the TRICARE Regional Advisory Committee