TRICARE Prime Remote (TPR)
TRICARE Prime Remote (TPR) is a managed care option, bringing you the benefits of TRICARE Prime in designated remote locations. You must enroll to participate.
TRICARE Prime Remote is available to the following beneficiaries who live and work in designated remote locations:
- Active duty service members
- Active duty family members who live with TRICARE Prime Remote-enrolled sponsors.
- Activated National Guard/Reserve members
- Family members of activated National Guard/Reserve members who live with TRICARE Prime Remote-enrolled sponsors. If the activated NGR sponsor is deployed, the family member(s) may stay enrolled as long as they do not move from the location where they lived and qualified at the time of activation.
- Surviving family members of deceased active duty service members. Three years after the sponsor's death, TRICARE Prime Remote is no longer available to surviving spouses, but children may stay enrolled.
In designated remote locations in the United States; usually more than 50 miles or one hour's drive time, from a military hospital or clinic. >>See if you live and work in a designated remote location.
If you are in a remote overseas location, you may be able to enroll in TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas.
TRICARE Prime Remote provides comprehensive health coverage including:
- Emergency Care
- Outpatient Visits
- Preventive Care (wellness exams, immunizations, etc.)
- Maternity Care
- Mental/Behavioral health
Enjoy enhanced preventive services and vision benefits when you enroll. >>View a list of Covered Services
When you enroll, you may select a primary care manager (PCM) from the TRICARE network. If a network PCM is not available, you may select any TRICARE-authorized, non-network provider as your PCM. Your PCM will refer you to a specialist for care he or she cannot provide and coordinate with your regional contractor for authorization, find a specialist in the network, and file claims on your behalf.
You have time and distance standards for care including wait times for urgent, routine and specialty care. Other benefits include enhanced vision and preventive services and travel reimbursement for some specialty care.
There are no enrollment fees and no out-of-pocket costs for any type of care as long as care is received from your PCM or with a referral. Care received without a referral is subject to point-of-service fees. >>Learn More
Is TRICARE Prime Remote Right for You?
TRICARE Prime Remote is only available to active duty service members (which includes activated Guard/Reserve members) and their families who live and work in designated remote locations. Active duty service members who qualify must enroll. Family members have the option to enroll or use TRICARE Standard and Extra. TRICARE Prime Remote offers fewer out-of-pocket costs than TRICARE Standard and Extra, but less freedom of choice for providers.
Enrolling in TRICARE Prime Remote
1. Enroll online via the Beneficiary Web Enrollment Web site
2. Mail the TRICARE Prime Enrollment and PCM Change Form to your regional contractor. Select your region below; the mailing address is found on Page 3 of the form:
3. Visit a TRICARE Service Center to submit the TRICARE Prime Enrollment and PCM Change Form.
>>Learn More about Enrolling in TRICARE Prime Remote