Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System
You must be registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)A worldwide, computerized database of uniformed services members (sponsors), their family members, and others who are eligible for military benefits, including TRICARE. to be eligible for TRICARE.
- Sponsors are automatically registered in DEERS.
- Sponsor must register eligible family members.
- If both parents are service members, select one to be listed as the child(ren)'s sponsor.
- Family members can update personal information after they are registered in DEERS.
Note: Addresses must be a physical address; P.O. boxes cannot be used.
How to Update DEERS
Add or Remove Family Members
Update Address, Email Address or Phone Number(s)
- Logon to MilConnect
- Call 1-800-538-9552 (TTY/TDD: 1-866-363-2883)
- Fax updates to 1-831-655-8317
- Mail updates to:
- Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office
400 Gigling Road
Seaside, CA 93955-6771
When to Update DEERS
Update DEERS whenever you have a change (this list is not all-inclusive):
If you're enrolled in a TRICARE Prime option or if you've purchased TRICARE Reserve Select, TRICARE Retired Reserve or TRICARE Young Adult, remember to also change your address with your regional contractor.