Requesting Reimbursement

You and your non-medical attendant must pay for travel expenses up front and then submit a claim for reimbursement. A separate claim must be submitted per trip, per qualified patient or NMA. Only one individual can be reimbursed for each expense. All reimbursements are made through electronic funds transfer (EFT). Claims should be submitted to your TRICARE Regional Office (TRO) via fax or mail. Each claim submission must include:

  • Completed and signed claims forms:
  • Copy of the CRSC determination letter (if not provided prior to travel)
  • Completed EFT authorization form (if not provided prior to travel)
  • Documentation from the specialty care provider verifying he or she treated you for the specified combat-related disability and the date(s) of service. View sample documentation.
  • Statement from the referring provider indicating the need for an NMA (if applicable and not provided prior to travel)
  • Legible receipts (or comparable written documents) indicating the payment(s) made for reimbursable goods and services; receipts must include:
    • Name of the company or vendor
    • Date of transaction
    • Items or services purchased
    • Unit price
    • Total amount paid

Note: Submitting a request for reimbursement does not guarantee payment.

Last Updated 9/23/2013

contact Your Contacts
CRSC Travel Coordinator

North Region
1-866-307-9749 or 1-703-588-1867/1869

South Region

West Region

View More Contacts