TRICARE Standard Overseas
TRICARE Standard Overseas provides comprehensive coverage in all overseas areas.
- The TRICARE Extra option is not available overseas.
- Enrollment not required—coverage is automatic as long as you are registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System and show eligible for TRICARE.
- Meets requirements for minimum essential coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
- Active duty family members
- Retired service members and their families
- Family members of activated Guard/Reserve members
- Non-activated Guard/Reserve members and their families who qualify for care under the Transitional Assistance Management Program
- Retired Guard/Reserve members (age 60 and receiving retired pay) and their families*
- Medal of Honor recipients and their families
- Qualified former spouses
TRICARE Standard Overseas provides comprehensive health coverage. >>View Covered Services
Schedule an appointment with any overseas provider. >>Find a Doctor
Referrals are not required but you may need prior authorization from the overseas contractor for some types of services. >>Learn More about Getting Care
TRICARE Standard Overseas Costs
Costs vary based on the sponsor's military status. You'll pay:
- An annual outpatient deductible
- Cost shares (or percentage) for covered services
>>View TRICARE Standard Overseas Costs
International SOS is the TRICARE Overseas Program contractor and will provide the assistance you need for claims, finding a provider, authorization and much more. Register online for access to secure functions, including:
- Eligibility query
- Other health insurance status/update
- Claim status
- Deductible/Out-of-pocket expense
- Contact Customer Service
- Explanation of Benefits
Is TRICARE Standard Overseas Right for You?
TRICARE Standard Overseas may be your only option when you live overseas. If you're an active duty family member, you'll save money and have priority for care if you enroll in either TRICARE Prime Overseas or TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas. Be sure to get command-sponsored so you have the option.