TRICARE Reserve Select
TRICARE Reserve Select is a premium-based plan availalbe worldwide for qualified Selected Reserve members of the Ready Reserve and their families.
If purchased, TRICARE Reserve Select is minimum essential coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
Available to members of the Selected Reserve of the Ready Reserve (and their families) who meet the following qualifications:
- Not on active duty orders
- Not covered under the Transitional Assistance Management Program
- Not eligible for or enrolled in the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) program (as defined in Chapter 89 of Title 5 U.S.C.) or currently covered under FEHB, either under their own eligibility or through a family member.
Note: Those members in the Individual Ready Reserve including Navy Reserve Voluntary Training Units do not qualify to purchase TRICARE Reserve Select.
Certain members of the Selected Reserve who are covered by TRICARE Reserve Select and involuntarily separated under other than adverse conditions, may have access to extended TRICARE Reserve Select coverage up to 180 days. For more information, contact your service personnel department.
TRICARE Reserve Select provides comprehensive health coverage. >>View Covered Services
Schedule an appointment with any TRICARE-authorized provider, network or non-network. >>Find a Doctor
- If you visit a non-network provider, you'll pay higher cost shares and may have to file your own health care claims.
- If you visit a network provider, you'll pay lower cost shares and the provider will file health care claims for you.
Referrals are not required for any type of care, but you may need prior authorization from your regional contractor for some types of services.
>>Learn More about Getting Care
TRICARE Reserve Select Costs
You are required to pay monthly premiums and cost shares if you decide to enroll in TRICARE Reserve Select. >>Learn More
Is TRICARE Reserve Select Right for You?
TRICARE Reserve Select is a great option for you and your family if you are:
- a member of the Selected Reserves of the Ready Reserve,
- not on active duty orders or covered by the Transitional Assistance Management Program, and
- not eligible for or enrolled in the FEHB.
The plan provides comprehensive health care coverage when you're not activated and covered by active duty TRICARE benefits. And, because you can see any provider, you don't have to change providers if you already have one.
If you don't qualify, you won't be able to complete or print the form. Contact your National Guard or Reserve personnel office for assistance. If you experience a technical problem, call 1-800-477-8227 for assistance.
>>Learn More about Purchasing TRICARE Reserve Select
Need help with the DMDC Reserve Component Purchased TRICARE Application?
For technical assistance or to report system problems with the site, please call the DMDC Support Center at 1-800-477-8227.