TRICARE Prime Remote
TRICARE Prime Remote is available in designated remote locations in the United States:
- For active duty service members and activated Guard/Reserve members
- Active duty family members must live with the sponsor to enroll
- Family members of activated Guard/Reserve members may enroll if they live in a designated remote location at when the sponsor is activated (and don't move from that address).
Step 1: See if You Live in a Designated Remote Location
Step 2: Choose a Primary Care Manager
If there are network providers in your area, you will list a network provider as your primary care manager (PCM). Find a network PCM in your region:
If a network PCM is not available, you can select any TRICARE-authorized provider as your PCM. Call your regional contractor first to make sure the provider is certified.
Step 3: Enroll Online
You can read the Beneficiary Web Enrollment Fact Sheet for more information.
Other Enrollment Options
Enrolling online is your best option. But, you can also mail your enrollment form to your regional contractor or turn it in to a TRICARE Service Center. You can get your enrollment form:
Please note that walk-in services at TRICARE Service Centers are ending by April 1, 2014. >> Learn More
Getting Started with TRICARE Prime Remote
You'll get a welcome letter and enrollment card for each family member enrolled after your regional contractor processes your enrollment form.* If you have a network PCM, he or she will be listed on the letter.
- Your TRICARE Prime Remote start date will be printed on your enrollment card.*
- Keep a copy of your enrollment form until you receive your enrollment card.
- If you must get care before receiving your card, contact your regional contractor to verify your TRICARE Prime Remote start date and PCM assignment.
*If you registered on MilConnect, you can sign up to get eCorrespondence. When you do, we’ll notify you by email when your enrollment is active and you can download your enrollment card.