TRICARE Prime is available in Prime Service AreasGeographic areas in the United States where we offer TRICARE Prime. We created Prime Service Areas to ensure medical readiness of the active duty force by augmenting the capability and capacity of military hospitals and clinics. Prime Service Areas were also built around the Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) sites.. To see if you live in a Prime Service Area, you can:
If you don’t live in a Prime Service Area, visit the Plan Finder to learn about your options.
Step 1: Choose a Primary Care Manager (PCM)
You may select a military or network provider as your PCM. If you don't list a PCM on your enrollment form, we will select one for you.
You may have to enroll at a military hospital or clinic if you live within the facility's enrollment area.
If you don’t have to enroll at a military hospital or clinic, you can select a network provider as your PCM.
- Find a network provider:
- Call first to see if they are accepting new patients
Step 2: Enroll Online, Over the Phone or by Mail
- Enroll all family members on one enrollment form
- Send enrollment fees (if applicable) with your enrollment form
- If you have questions about enrolling or if you have special cirmcumstances, you can call your regional contractor first to discuss your options.
* You can only enroll online if you live in a Prime Service Area. You need a Common Access Card (CAC), DFAS (MyPay) Account, or a DoD Self-Service Logon to log in to the Beneficiary Web Enrollment website.
Step 3: Get Started with TRICARE Prime
You'll get a welcome letter listing your PCM and an enrollment card for each family member enrolled after your enrollment is processed.
- Your start date is on your enrollment card.
- Keep a copy of your enrollment form until you get your enrollment card.
- If you need care before getting your card, call your regional contractor to verify your start date and PCM assignment.
If you’re registered on MilConnect, you can sign up to get eCorrespondence. When you do, we’ll notify you by email when your enrollment is active and you can download your enrollment card.