Proof of TRICARE Coverage
You can request an "Eligibility Letter" from the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) that shows proof of TRICARE coverage.
- Sign into MilConnect
- Select the "Health Care" menu item
- Click "Proof of Insurance"
- Follow the directions to generate and print the letter
Or, mail or fax a signed, written request to the DMDC Support Office. Include the following information in your written request:
- Sponsor's name and Social Security number
- Name of all family members to be included on the letter
- Name and address of the person the request should be sent to
- Signature of the requestor
||DMDC Support Office
400 Gigling Road
Seaside, CA 93955
If enrolled in any of the following health plans, you received an "enrollment" or "wallet" card with your welcome letter from your regional contractor.
- TRICARE Prime
- TRICARE Prime Remote
- TRICARE Prime Overseas
- TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas
- TRICARE Reserve Select
- TRICARE Retired Reserve
- TRICARE Young Adult
This card includes phone numbers and other information about your plan and regional contractor. Your doctor may ask to see it when you check in at your appointments.
If you need a new enrollment or wallet card:
Former TRICARE Beneficiaries
If you're a former TRICARE beneficiary and want proof of health care coverage, contact the DMDC Support Office for a Certificate of Creditable Coverage. The certificate is your proof that you had previous health care coverage under TRICARE, for the period of time noted on the certificate.