You can enroll in TRICARE Prime if you live in a Prime Service Area or within 100 miles of a primary care manger.
To transfer your enrollment to TRICARE Prime with no break in coverage, call your regional contractor.
|TRICARE Standard and Extra
Disenroll from TRICARE Prime Remote.
- TRICARE Standard and Extra begins on the day after TRICARE Prime Remote ends.
- You may be locked out from re-enrolling in TRICARE Prime Remote for up to one year.
|US Family Health Plan
To switch to the US Family Health Plan, you must live in a designated area.
Call 1-800-748-7347 to transfer to the US Family Health Plan with no break in coverage.
|TRICARE For Life
To use TRICARE For Life, sign up for Medicare Part B. TRICARE For Life begins when you have Medicare Part A and B.
- If under age 65, you can disenroll from TRICARE Prime Remote or stay enrolled.
- If you have a family member enrolled in TRICARE Prime Remote, his/her enrollment is separate from yours.
- He/she can stay enrolled as long as they are eligible.
|TRICARE Young Adult
If you qualify, you can purchase TRICARE Young Adult.
- You're automatically disenrolled from TRICARE Prime Remote when you're no longer eligible.
- Enroll within 30 days of loss of TRICARE Prime Remote to avoid a gap in coverage.
- Go get a new ID card.