TRICARE is a health program for:
- Uniformed Service membersIncludes active duty and retired members of the:
U.S. Air Force,
U.S. Marine Corps,
U.S. Coast Guard,
Commissioned Corps of the U.S. Public Health Service, and
Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association. and their families,
- National Guard/Reserve membersIncludes members of the:
Army National Guard,
Marine Corps Reserve,
Air National Guard,
Air Force Reserve, and
U.S. Coast Guard Reserve. and their families,
- Former spouses,
- Medal of Honor recipients and their families, and
- Others registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
Types of Beneficiaries
- Sponsors—active duty, retired and Guard/Reserve members.
- Family members—spouses and children who are registered in DEERS.
Your benefits and plans will vary depending on your beneficiary category. Click on the link below that best describes you to learn more: