TRICARE Young Adult
You can transfer your TRICARE Young Adult coverage when you move. The first step is to update your personal information in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
Your options (Prime or Standard) may change depending on where you move. Remember that:
- If your sponsor is on active duty, you can enroll in the Prime option anywhere in the U.S. and overseas (if you're command-sponsored)
- If your sponsor is retired, you can only use the Prime option in Prime Service Areas in the U.S.
- If your sponsor using TRICARE Reserve Select or TRICARE Retired Reserve, you can only use the Standard option
Moving Within the Same TRICARE Region
- Call your regional contractor to update your address
- See if you need to switch options. If you do, your contractor will adjust your premium payment
- Find a new doctor
Moving to Another TRICARE Region
Call your new regional contractor to transfer your coverage and set up your premium payment:
- North-Health Net: 1-877-TRICARE (1-877-874-2273)
- South-Humana Military: 1-800-444-5445
- West-UnitedHealthcare: 1-877-988-WEST (1-877-988-9378)
- Overseas-International SOS
If you need to switch options, your premium payment will be adjusted. In either case, you’ll need to find a new doctor.