Your Health Plan Options
When you get to your final duty station, you'll enroll in a TRICARE Prime plan.
Family members may be able to enroll in a Prime plan depending on where they live. They can also use:
If your adult child uses TRICARE Young Adult, their coverage won’t change when you activate.
Are you currently using TRICARE Reserve Select?
TRICARE Reserve Select coverage ends when you activate.
- You'll get a refund for premiums you paid for coverage after you activate.
- You can purchase it again if you deactivate, if you still qualify for TRICARE Reserve Select.
Do you have delayed-effective-date orders?
If yes, then you qualify for the "early eligibility" pre-activation benefit:
- Coverage begins up to 180 days before you report to active duty.
- Includes pharmacy and dental care.
- Family members are also covered during this pre-activation period.
- Benefits continue when active duty service begins.
If you don't meet early eligibility requirements, coverage for you and your family begins on the first day of your orders.
Are you a Federal employee?
If you're enrolled in the Federal Employee's Health Benefit Program and called to military duty, you may be able to continue coverage or elect to drop the coverage. >>Learn More