TRICARE covers tobacco cessation counseling from any TRICARE-authorized provider in the United States, even if you haven't been diagnosed with a tobacco-related illness.
- Two quit attempts per beneficiary per fiscal year.
- A third quit attempt in the same year may be covered with physician justification and pre-authorization.
- Up to a total of 18 tobacco cessation counseling sessions (combination of individual and group) may be allowed per quit attempt
- Four sessions per quit attempt may be individual sessions.
- The remaining 14 sessions allowed per quit attempt must be group sessions.
Please contact your regional contractor for more information about tobacco cessation counseling services.