Eating a nutritious diet can help you improve your overall health and maintain a healthy weight.
The Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend that you:
- Fruits and vegetables in a variety of colors
- Whole grains (at least half of your grains)
- Fat-free or low-fat dairy
- Variety of proteins including seafood, lean meat and poultry, eggs, beans, soy, nuts and seeds
- Saturated fats
- Sugary drinks
- Refined grains
Regular physical activity can improve your health, no matter your age.
If you're active, you can:
The Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans recommend:
- Children and teenagers get one hour of physical activity every day
- Adults get:
- Two hours and 30 minutes of moderate aerobic activity weekly, or
- One hour and 15 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity weekly, and
- Muscle strengthening exercises at least twice a week
- Any activity is better than none
Does TRICARE covers gastric bypass, gastric stapling and gastroplasty?
Yes, but only when the beneficiary meets specific conditions. >>Learn More