You have ways to enroll or add/remove family members to your plan. When you enroll, you must pay your initial monthly premium.
Log into the Beneficiary Web Enrollment Website and follow the instructions to enroll online. A Common Access Card or DS Logon is required. Note: This option is not available overseas.
OCONUS: 1-855-MET-TDP2 ( 1-855-638-8372)
TDD/TTY: 1-855-MET-TDP3 (1-855-638-8373)
|Via the Mail
Download the TRICARE Dental Program Enrollment/Change Authorization and mail it with your initial monthly premium payment to MetLife:
MetLife TRICARE Dental Program
Enrollment and Billing Services
P.O. Box 14185
Lexington, KY 40512
Minimum Enrollment Period
The TRICARE Dental Program requires a 12-month minimum enrollment period.
- The sponsor must have 12 months remaining on his/her service commitment to qualify.
- You must complete the 12-month initial enrollment unless you have a valid reason to end coverage.
- After completing the 12-month minimum-enrollment period, you can continue enrollment on a month-to-month basis.
View the TRICARE Dental Program Benefit Booklet (See page 9) for exceptions to the 12-month minimum enrollment period.
The TRICARE Dental Program offers single (one person) and family (two or more) plans. If you select a family plan, all eligible family members must enroll except in the following situations:
- Children under age four (If there is an existing family plan, children are automatically enrolled on the first day of the month after they reach age 4.)
- Family members living in two or more locations
- Family members who require special medical attention in a hospital or treatment center (documentation is required)
- The sponsor and family members enroll separately and pay two different premium payments.
- The sponsor can only select a single plan.
- Family members can enroll under a single or family plan.
- The sponsor does not have to be enrolled for families to enroll.
Guard/Reserve sponsors enroll separately because his or her military status may change while enrolled. >>Learn More about Guard/Reserve Dental Benefits
Retroactive Coverage for Same-Sex Spouses
Same-sex spouses may purchase dental coverage to begin on June 26, 2013 or their eligibility date in DEERS, whichever is later. Applications must be received no later than December 31, 2013. Monthly premiums will be prorated back to the effective date of coverage (no earlier than June 26, 2013).