Is It Covered?
Search the A-Z list for a list of covered services. Your coverage and out-of-pocket costs may vary based on who you are and your health plan option.
Urgent care is not the same as emergency care. You'll need urgent care to treat a condition that:
- Doesn’t threaten life, limb or eyesight
- Needs attention before it becomes a serious risk to health
- Examples include a high fever or sprained ankle
You’ll make a "same day" appointment with your primary care physician, family doctor or urgent care clinic for urgent care services.
TRICARE Prime Plans
TRICARE Prime, TRICARE Prime Remote, TRICARE Prime Overseas, TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas, TRICARE Young Adult-Prime
- Visit your primary care manager (PCM) for all urgent care.
- You must have a referral for urgent care if you can't see your PCM, even when you're traveling.
- If you get urgent care from another provider without a referral from your PCM, you'll be using the point-of-service option.
US Family Health Plan
Visit your designated provider's web site for details. >>Learn More
All Other Plans
Visit any TRICARE-authorized provider, network or non-network. >>Find a Doctor
Got Questions? We've Got Answers!
If you're not sure if you need urgent care, call 1-800-TRICARE (Option 1) to speak to a registered nurse day or night. Ask a question, get health care advice or even help scheduling an appointment.