Is It Covered?
Search the A-Z list for a list of covered services. Your coverage and out-of-pocket costs may vary based on who you are and your health plan option.
TRICARE covers speech therapy to treat speech, language and voice dysfunctions resulting from birth defects, disease, injury, hearing loss and pervasive developmental disorders.
TRICARE doesn't cover services for:
- Disorders resulting from occupational or educational deficits
- Myofunctional or tongue thrust therapy
- Videofluroscopy evaluation
- Maintenance therapy that does not require a skilled level after a therapy program has been designed
- Special education services from a public educational agency to beneficiaries age 3-21
This A-Z list of topics is not all inclusive. TRICARE covers most inpatient and outpatient care that is medically necessary and considered proven. However, there are special rules or limits on certain types of care, while other types of care are not covered at all.