Is It Covered?
Search the A-Z list for a list of covered services. Your coverage and out-of-pocket costs may vary based on who you are and your health plan option.
TRICARE covers preventive services for all beneficiaries. Click on the links below to learn about specific tests and exams:
Rules for Getting Care & Costs
Active Duty Service Members
- You'll get all preventive services from your primary care manager (PCM)
- You must have a referral and authorization to visit another provider
- Your Cost: $0
Other Beneficiaries Enrolled in a TRICARE Prime Plan
All Other Beneficiaries
If you're using TRICARE Standard and Extra, TRICARE Standard Overseas, TRICARE Reserve Select, TRICARE Retired Reserve, TRICARE For Life or TRICARE Young Adult-Standard:
- You can visit any TRICARE-authorized provider, network or non-network.
- You don't need prior authorization
- You won't pay cost shares for the following preventive services:
- Breast cancer screenings
- Cervical cancer screenings
- Colorectal cancer screenings
- Prostate cancer screenings
- Well-child visits
- For all other preventive services, cost shares apply, unless performed at the same time as the services listed above.
This A-Z list of topics is not all inclusive. TRICARE covers most inpatient and outpatient care that is medically necessary and considered proven. However, there are special rules or limits on certain types of care, while other types of care are not covered at all.