Is It Covered?
Search the A-Z list for a list of covered services. Your coverage and out-of-pocket costs may vary based on who you are and your health plan option.
Partial Hospitalization (Psychiatric)
Psychiatric partial hospitalization provides:
- interdisciplinary therapeutic services
- at least 3 hours per day, 5 days a week
- in any combination of day, evening, night and weekend treatment programs.
Your doctor will recommend partial hospitalization when:
- when it's necessary to stabilize a critical behavioral health disorder, or
- to transition from an inpatient program to an outpatient program.
TRICARE covers 60 days per fiscal yearOctober 1 – September 30. These days don't count toward the 30- or 45- day limit for acute inpatient psychiatric care.
- Includes full or half day programs
- Prior authorization from your regional contractor is required
- The partial hospitalization facility must be TRICARE-authorized
- Only available in the United States, District of Columbia and U.S. Territories
This A-Z list of topics is not all inclusive. TRICARE covers most inpatient and outpatient care that is medically necessary and considered proven. However, there are special rules or limits on certain types of care, while other types of care are not covered at all.