Is It Covered?
Search the A-Z list for a list of covered services. Your coverage and out-of-pocket costs may vary based on who you are and your health plan option.
Home Health Care
- Part-time and intermittent skilled nursing care
- Home health aide services
- Physical, speech, and occupational therapy
- Medical social services
You must get prior authorization for home health care.
The services covered under TRICARE are the same as those covered by Medicare. Your home health care:
- Must be provided by a participating home health agency
- Is only available in the United States, District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories
- Isn’t covered in any other overseas areas
You may be charged separately for durable medical equipment, prosthetics, and specific drugs.
If you need medically necessary home health care beyond these services, see the Extended Care Health Option (ECHO) Home Health Care program.
This A-Z list of topics is not all inclusive. TRICARE covers most inpatient and outpatient care that is medically necessary and considered proven. However, there are special rules or limits on certain types of care, while other types of care are not covered at all.