Prescription drug coverage is available to:
- Active duty service members and families
- activatedCalled or ordered to active duty service for more than 30 days in a row. National Guard and Reserve Members and families
- Retired service members and families
- Retired National Guard and Reserve Members (age 60 and above and receiving retired pay) and families
- Survivors, widows/widowers and certain former spouses
- Medal of Honor recipients and families
- Beneficiaries using the following plans:
- TRICARE Reserve Select
- TRICARE Retired Reserve
- TRICARE Young Adult
- Continued Health Care Benefit Program
- Other beneficiaries including foreign force members and families
You must be registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System.
- Update DEERS online or call 1-800-538-9552.
- List your physical address in DEERS.
- If you live overseas and have an APO/FPO address, list it as your mailing address.
US Family Health Plan Enrollees
If you're enrolled in the US Family Health Plan or the TRICARE Young Adult-Prime Option under the US Family Health Plan, you won’t use TRICARE's pharmacy benefits. Instead, you'll use your US Family Health Plan's pharmacies. These include onsite, network, and mail-order options, depending on your plan.