Filing Claims

Participating network dentists will file claims for you, but you may need to file a dental claim if you see a non-network dentist.

When you submit your claim, you must include:

  • Your completed claim form
  • Your sponsor's Social Security Number or DoD Benefits Number
  • Your dentist bill or statement of charges, if it isn’t on your claim form
  • Any supporting documents
  • For orthodontia: Non-Availability and Referral Form

Claims filed more than a year after the date of service will be denied.


Complete the CONUS Claim Submission Document

Mail or fax it to MetLife:

TRICARE Dental Program
P.O. Box 14181
Lexington, KY 40512

Fax: 1-855-763-1333

Complete the OCONUS Claim Submission Document

Mail or fax it to MetLife:

TRICARE Dental Program
P.O. Box 14182
Lexington, KY 40512

Fax: 1-855-763-1334

If you need help with your overseas claim, send an email to

Dental Claims are Different than Medical Claims

Medical claims are:

Last Updated 6/27/2016

contact Your Contacts

CONUS: 1-855-638-8371
OCONUS: 1-855-638-8372
TDD/TTY: 1-855-638-8373

View More Contacts