TRICARE Young Adult Costs
TRICARE Young Adult costs are based on three things:
- The option you select when you enroll: Prime or Standard
- Your sponsor's military status
- Where the care is received
To participate, you must pay monthly premiums. TRICARE Young Adult premium rates are adjusted annually on a calendar year basis.
|2013 Monthly Premiums
(through December 2013)
- Prime Option: $176 per month
- Standard Option: $152 per month
|2014 Monthly Premiums
(beginning January 2014)
- Prime Option: $180 per month
- Standard Option: $156 per month
After you've selected your option, Prime or Standard, your costs for covered services are based on your sponsor's military status and the type of provider you see:
Please note that care in military hospitals and clinics is usually $0 for any type of care. If you enroll in the TRICARE Young Adult Prime Option, you will have the same priorities for care as other TRICARE Prime enrollees. If you enroll in the TRICARE Young Adult-Standard Option, you can only access care at military hospitals and clinics on a space-available basis.