File a Grievance
If you have a complaint about the quality of the care you received, if a provider/facility behaved inappropriately or any other non-appealable issue, you can submit a grievance. The grievance process allows you the opportunity to report in writing any concern or complaint regarding your health care quality or service. Any TRICARE beneficiary can file a grievance and a sponsor, parent or guardian or other representative may file on behalf of a dependent child.
- Grievances are resolved by the appropriate contractor (regional, pharmacy, etc.) within 60 days of receipt.
- Grievances may include such issues as:
- Quality of health care or services aspects, such as accessibility, appropriateness, level, continuity or timeliness of care
- Demeanor or behavior of providers and their staff
- Performance of any part of the health care delivery system
- Practices related to patient safety
To File a Grievance
Mail written notice of your grievance to the appropriate contractor and be sure to include the following:
- Your name, address and telephone number
- Your Sponsor's Social Security number
- Your date of birth
- Your signature
- A description of the issue or concern that must include:
- Date and time of the event
- Name of the provider(s) and/or person(s) involved
- Location of the event (address)
- The nature of the concern or complaint
- Details describing the event or issue
- Any appropriate supporting documents
Note: If you are filing a grievance on behalf of a dependent, provide the dependent's information, as well as your own in the grievance.
Select Your Contractor